Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The first one

Dear Kai and Senya,

This blog is for you.

Mommie and Daddie do have another blog, but that one is mainly for our family and friends to keep track, and doesn't get updated very often. You guys are growing up so fast that I feel that I should keep a better record of all the new things that you are doing everyday... It's mostly for me, but maybe when you are older, you'd enjoy reading this too.

To start with Kai... You are almost 3 years old! I often look at you and can't believe that you are such a little person already. You talk (in both Chinese and English), you run, you jump, you can recognize letters and numbers... it's truly amazing to watch you grow.

A while ago (Christmas season), you got infatuated with the movie Cars. You knew so many lines from the movie, and you'd often recite them while playing with your toy cars. I first noticed it when you had your red Mac truck and Lightening McQueen. You'd start driving Mac forward, and use McQueen to chase him while yelling 'Wait! Mac! Wait!...' Then you moved onto memorizing the commercial that Lightening McQueen did for RustEze: 'Hi Lightening McQueen here, the new RustEze bumper ointment... ... ...you too, can look like me! Ka-chaw!' I can't tell you how hard your Dad and I laughed when we figured out what you were saying to yourself.

I got inspired by this, and decided that we need to catch up on your Chinese by letting you watch Disney movies in Chinese. We had a limited supply (all from Dad's mission), and your current favorite is Peter Pan. You watch it almost everyday, and are picking up phrases from it already. Two days ago you told me ‘妈妈,我准备好了!准备长大!’ (momma, I'm ready, ready to grow up!). Now when I wipe your face to get you ready for bed, you'd tell me '这么脏啊!' (I actually don't know the original line in English, but it's what Wendy said when she was wiping off Mike's face). And you'd cuddle me and say '我想念妈妈' (I miss my mommie...) I'm glad my plan is working, and am currently working on getting you more movies from China :)

Another thing you've been saying is 'EVER!' You attach this word to the end of a sentence whenever you can. Such as 'Momma, I get off my bed, EVER!' It makes me smile when you use it, because you say it with the most serious expression, and I have no clue where you'd picked it up.

Today when I was picking you up from your play date, another Mom was talking about when she should move her little boy Lucas to a big boy bed. She's afraid that moving him would interfere with his nap and debating what the best way to keep him in bed is. I boasted that you've been great since I transferred you to a big boy bed and haven't had any problems. And you showed me how wrong I was after we got home... I got you ready for your nap at 1:20, and you kicked around in your bed until 2:40 :) but I'm grateful that you did fall asleep after that... I treasure the little break I get while you are taking a nap :))

And now, Senya.

You are just the cutest little girl ever. There's no other words to describe you :) We loved your brother when he was your age too, and looking at the jumping, sword-swinging, energetic little boy he is now, it's sure easy to forget just how cuddly and adorable he was at your age too.

You sleep a lot less than Kai did when he was your age. Just this morning you woke up at 9:00, ate, and I took you to the store, you didn't fall asleep until around 11:00. Then you woke up at 11:30 when we got home, and finally took a short nap from 12:20 to 1:00... that just doesn't seem like enough sleep for a four-month-old! But you seem pretty content with how much sleep you are getting, and is a wonderful sleeper at night, so I guess to each their own!

Currently I'm suspecting that you must be getting a tooth. You drool runs like a river down the front of your shirt, and you are constantly chewing on your hand. I started giving you rice cereal a couple of days ago, and so far you seem to like it alright (not nearly as much as Kai loved it when he first started), and are trying to get the swallowing motion down.

You are a smiley baby. You give me a toothless grin every time I look at you, and can almost giggle when I tickle your ribs (it's something between a squeal and a grunt with a smile on), and I'm assuming that you enjoy being tickled...

You show no sign of rolling over yet, though you love to stand and sit up when we are holding you. Your thighs are quite a sight, and I can't wait to measure your weight at the next Doctor's appointment (in a week and half)

You look A LOT like Kai when he was your age. If one were to cover your eyes in pictures, it'd be hard to tell you guys apart! You've got my eyes, and I wonder what they'd look like when you grow up. I wouldn't mind if you continue to look like Kai, I think he's a very good-looking kid :))




Other than washing all the the wet underwear/pants, leaky poopy onesies and spit-up covered blankets, I'd say that I enjoy being your Mom very much. I love both of you so much!! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment