Monday, February 14, 2011

It's been two weeks

I keep meaning to sit down and type something up, but just got swarmed with projects :)

Kai:
I made a little sun hat for Senya, and you got jealous :)
We've been talking about going to Mexico for a few weeks now, and it's finally looking like we are indeed gonna go one way or another. So I figured I'd better start preparing the things necessary for the trip (swim suits, water toys, etc).

I thought that a sun hat would be a cute thing to make for Senya. Sorry about the unfairness (is that a word?), but you know, it is more fun to dress a girl. So I looked up a pattern online, and through trial and error, made a sun hat (that's a little big) for Senya.

However, you seem to enjoy the hat much more than Senya does. You'd put it on your head and walk around, feeling so good about yourself. If I tell you that it's baby sister's hat, you'd get sad and insist that it's yours (it certainly fits you better than it fits her :))

So I thought, why not make you a hat too? It'd be much easier the second time around, I don't have to really adjust the pattern at all, just cut it slightly bigger. You were so excited when I took you to Joanne's to buy fabric! The hat is not done yet, but I promise you that it will be before we go to Mexico :)

New things you've done... frankly, I can't recall any. But a few days ago, Daddie took you to Costco with him when he got me some flowers. You saw him picking up flowers, and exclaimed: "Flowers!! Mommie LOVES flowers!" It made me laugh when Daddie came home and told me this, because I've never expressed my love for flowers (if I do have any) in front of you. So I wonder if you are just a natural romantic...? I can't wait to find out.

Senya,
I made you a little bubble sun dress... Don't tell your brother. It's much easier to make a dress vs. making a pair of shorts or a shirt... It's a little big for you now, but hopefully it'll fit you next year.

You are chubby as ever. Last Friday we took you to see the Dr. for your 4-month check-up, you weighed in at 18.5 lbs. A little smaller than your brother (he was 20 lbs at 4 months), but still a very respectable weight. You are happy as ever. No sign of wanting to roll over yet. Have a increasing love for your fingers (to chew on).

I gave you your first hair cut/trim today. You are getting little scabs on your head that is incredibly hard to get off. I'm trying to use oil and comb to get them off, but if it's not successful, you may get your head shaved too... Ok, you just woke up from your nap and screaming, I'd better to get you.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment